Water under the Bridge
August 3, 2012
Water is essential to life. It can also be a lot of fun. If you have never been tubing down a river, splashed in the ocean or dove into a cool mountain lake on a hot summer day, now is the time to consider the Sierra Club’s promising destinations.
- Everglades National Park, Florida – Kayak a subtropical wilderness, home to exotic wildlife, warm breezes, tropical beaches, and countless small islands.
- Olympic National Park, Washington – Explore rainforests, Pacific beaches, rivers, lakes, and hot springs in one of the most diverse ecosystems in the U.S.
- Adirondack Park, New York – Raft the magnificent Hudson River Gorge, swim in clear lakes, and canoe the scenic waterways of the Lower 48’s largest park.
- Na Pali Coast, Kauai, Hawaii – Discover this magnificent, chiseled coastline on challenging kayak excursions and day hikes to spectacular waterfalls.
- Missouri River – Perfect for American history buffs, this huge river features diverse wildlife, old river towns, and of course countless historic attractions.
Feeling adventurous, but not sure where to go? Sierra Club Outings and My Piece of America are giving away a 6-night stay in Everglades National Park, kayaking lessons and two round-trip tickets to Florida!**
**Editor’s note: The sweepstakes is only open to legal US residents, excluding Rhode Island and Tennessee. Don’t feel bad. I can’t participate either. However, you are welcome to submit your photos to the My Piece of America site, even if you’re just visiting the area. Have fun and be safe!