Top Ten Ways to Be More Productive
January 20, 2011
1. Tangible results come from setting clearly defined goals.
2. Prioritize. Ask yourself: Will this task make for my team or organization?
3. Examine how much time you spend working around things versus accomplishing them. Eliminate any beating around the bush.
5. Those who seek to please are a time drain because they value everyone’s happiness over action. Avoid consensus seekers.
6. Don’t procrastinate. Approach undesirable tasks as you would a great workout. Remember how good you’ll feel when it’s over!
7. Only have meetings with those directly involved. Eliminate external voices that only add white noise to the conversation.
8. Focus during meetings ~ gadget-free!
9. Close your inbox. Email shouldn’t disrupt, but inform.
10. Read the latest email thread while eliminating the ‘repeats. Email begets email so don’t respond when no response is needed.
A man after my own slow heart!